Athaia Consultancy assists companies and project sponsors in raising expansion capital. Please note there is no funding offered for start up operations. Athaia Consultancy assists clients to raise funds on behalf of MNCapital Africa Advisors (MNCAA). MNCAA is an Africa focused financial advisory firm based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
MNCAA have partners strategically placed in financial centers around the globe, who have strong relationships with key decision makers at African focused private equity firms, Sovereign Wealth Funds, all of the African focused DFIs and numerous family offices, HNWIs and strategic investors.
1. Short Term Financing transactions relate to invoice factoring and purchase order financing. The minimum deal size for short term financing transactions is $50,000. These transactions can usually be completed within two weeks.
2. Trade Finance programs include letters of credit and trade finance facilities. The minimum deal size for trade finances transactions is $100,000. These transactions can usually be completed within two weeks to a month.
Long Term Capital is for either (i) established profitable companies with at least two years audited financials or (ii) strong projects with an experienced management team and a committed off-take agreement, e.g., power projects with a PPA.
Other than the before mentioned projects, we do NOT commit resources to start-ups. The minimum deal size for long term capital transactions is $10 million. These transactions usually require significantly more work and usually take over four months to complete.
Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG)
Infrastructure development/servicesManufacturing & Processing
MNCAA currently invests in only cash flow positive operational companies, looking for expansion capital (so no buyouts), and in the US$2-10m range. MNCAA targets companies with annual IRR’s of 25-30%, solid growth prospects and intelligent management.
The interest rate charged by the funders will depend on several factors:
1. First and foremost, the strength of the underlying company/project;
2. Whether there is collateral and the type and value of the collateral;
3. Whether we can arrange credit support in the form of guarantees or insurance; here we should note that MNCAA has relationships with several investment grade rated guarantee companies that offer 50% guarantees on debt of SME’s and infrastructure projects in Africa; and
4. The funders that express interest in the transaction; the more funders that express interest in the transaction, the greater opportunity there is to negotiate the interest rate.
Our goal and commitment is always to get the best interest rate possible for the client subject to the factors listed above